We at Faith Preschool want all children to leave us with good self-esteem, having realized they have accomplished things on their own. Our program is a modified open classroom with such basic centers as dramatic play, blocks, books, music, science, and art. We strive to achieve the following:
- To educate and nurture all children placed in our care.
- To promote in the classroom Christian thought and practice.
- To emphasize five interrelated areas which are important for the growth of the whole child: intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- To discover the abilities of each child through parent conferences, observation and listening.
- To perceive new information about children and look at them in new ways.
- To listen attentively to what children say and ask for their suggestions.
- To develop individual creative abilities.
- To encourage the child’s self-expression, feelings, and observations.
- To develop a sense of responsibility toward oneself, classmates, and one’s community.
- To develop number concepts and skills in solving problems.
- To provide a program of language development.
- To provide an environment to help children learn to interact with others and encourage cooperation in a group setting.
- To encourage children to complete tasks by themselves and follow instructions.
- To provide opportunities for choice, initiative, and autonomy.
- To develop spiritually through experiencing God’s love.
- To follow guidelines set by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- To provide parents with tools to help their child adjust and overcome any fears facing a new situation, since preschool is a new experience.